Who we are
TMI Africa is a brand, community and an all in one go-to platform for Engineering, Maintenance, Reliability, and Quality & Asset Management Professionals. The platform offers up to date industry information, networking, training, solutions as well as a meeting point between industries and solutions provider across Africa. (Membership of the institute is free)
Our vision is to be Africa’s principal professional focal point for the industry’s best minds and opportunities
Our mission is to continuously build a stronghold for the advancement and growth of professional maintenance and engineering practice across Africa and in all facets.
- We — Build, Advance & Preserve
- What? — Professional engineering practice
- Where? — Across Africa
- The organisation, its brand and institution is set out to achieve the following objectives:
- To promote and stimulate the improvement of the technical and general knowledge of its members in the field of engineering and maintenance.
- To make available up-to-date information and access to industrial matters or trends leading to advancement of engineering in Africa.
- To act as the body which the Government or other official and unofficial authorities or organization(s) in Nigeria and beyond can seek advice, assistance or expression of views on any subjects of concern or interest in the fields related to The Maintenance Institute.
- To promote the science and practice of Engineering technology, Quality Assurance, Asset Management & Maintenance Practices including all research and publication of the results for public benefit.
- To provide a forum for meeting and discussing matters of mutual interests to professional engineers in Nigeria and to preserve and further the interest of those within.
Partner with us
TMI membership is ideal for professionals in engineering related fields looking for innovative and affordable ways to develop their career If you are committed to making a difference in your personal development, organisation, or team, join us at TMI. It offers a great opportunity to network with like-minded professionals while benefiting from a wide range of resources, support services and career enhancement alongside professional recognition
Extend your personal network by meeting with fellow professional engineers and maintenance experts who have unique sources of knowledge, experiences, advice, inspirations and opportunity.
Our calendar of events provides invaluable opportunities to share information and ideas with like-minded people going on the same journey.
TMI Learning Suite
The institute (TMI Africa) undertakes both free and paid learning and certifications in conjunction with globally recognized bodies such as ASQ and SMRP anchored by experts from across the globe. They include but not limited to the following
- CRL: Certified Reliability Leader (Association of Asset Management Professionals AMP)
- CMRP: Certified Maintenance Reliability Professional (Society of Maintenance and Reliability Professionals SMRP)
- CMRT: Certified Maintenance Reliability Technician (Society of Maintenance and Reliability Professionals SMRP)
- CRE: Certified Reliability Engineer ( American Society for Quality ASQ)
- Reliability Engineering
- Asset Management
- Lean, Six Sigma and Continuos Improvement Initiatives
- Operational Excellence
- Reliability, Availability and Maintainability (RAM Modelling)
- Process Automation
- Work Preparation Scheduling and Execution
- Expert Auditors in ISO standard (32000,9000,55000) Coming soon
- And lots more …….
We also proffer solutions / interventions to organisations in various industry offering services in areas covering Reliability Engineering, Maintenance management, Quality management / Continuous Improvement (Lean, Six sigma, etc), and General Engineering, Project Management, & Asset management.